We made it out to the beach a few weeks ago. It was nice to lay out in the sunshine and watch Abe swim. I attempted getting in the water but the closer I got to the waves- the dizzier I felt. So I kept my bootie planted on solid ground.
Abe was offered some box seat tickets at work for a local minor league baseball game. So we joined up with several guys from Dome and watched our first box seat game. Pretty cushy sitting in AC, with free food buffet and drinks, cushioned lounge chairs and a view directly behind home plate!! It was way fun. The Norfolk Tides played the Charlotte Knights and the Tides actually won! The stadium was bigger than Melaleuca Field but it had the same feel to it. The game was followed by a "fireworks extravaganza" - which was a total of 15-20 minutes of fireworks. We were lucky to watch those in our comfortable seats because the next day, Independence Day, it rained SOOOO much all over the area that most of the fireworks displays were cancelled.
For the 4th, we joined up with some people from our ward to play at the beach and watch fireworks there but the downpour didn't stop for a few hours. We watched a pretty intense thunder and lightning show instead! We still had a good time. We got to play beach volleyball and Abe swam with the guys for a bit before it started to rain. Yes- I finally did something active! I even dove for a ball or 2 and my team totally dominated the tournament. I am bummed I didn't get any pictures from that activity because it was basically us sitting under a porch watching the rain with a bunch of people we had just met. And most of the people are from IDAHO! They are selling pest control out here for the summer. They were hilarious- I hope we get to spend more time with them soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
We went to Virginia Beach for our honeymoon. Do you know where Newport News is yet? That's where I was born. We'll be in Dinwiddie, VA in about 5 weeks. Not looking foward to the humidity but I do love it out there. Sounds like you guys are enjoying it!
Post a Comment