Abe let me go to work with him for 2 days on a drive to Chatanooga, TN to deliver 2,000 lbs of spray foam to the Dome job there and pick up a concrete pump trailer. It was super exciting! I think he found me very useful when I told him how to properly strap down the 2,000 lbs of foam barrels he had loaded onto a flatbed truck and had to stop twice before even leaving Chesapeake to re-attach his tie downs. I was also master navigator and decided that I am smarter than GPS and I can use the map to get us to our destinations on a shorter route. Shorter MUST be faster, right? NO. It is not. On the way there we drove some 560 miles- in 13 hours. On the way home- we drove some 400 miles- in 13 hours. All I can say is if you love kayaking and river rafting- there is a beautiful and very popular park to do those in the southwestern corner of North Carolina!!
I took a few pics of Abe at the job in Chatanooga. The dome there is going to be a mosque eventually. Right now they are still building the walls. They haven't even filled up an airform for the dome yet. Abe is expecting Dome Tech to send him to this job eventually to help tile the top of this dome because he did similar work on a school Dome built in Idaho Falls. Guess we will see- we never know with Dome!
 |
| These pics crack me up :) |
 |
| Cherokee National Forest- rafting heaven?! |
1 comment:
Ha! Love the tip about northwest N. Carolina! Good to know. Glad you guys both have a good sense of humor in your marriage! :)
Post a Comment