So basically the rest of our trip to california consisted of the
Winchester Mystery House and a theme park called
Great America. I took the camera to the Winchester house and not Great America because I thought I might be on a roller coaster and the camera would fly out of my hands and shatter into a hundred pieces! The Winchester House was this crazy place that made no sense. Stairways to a ceiling, windows and doors to no where, 13 everywhere, massive, maze, old. But way cool. We took a tour of most of the 160 room house and then a behind the scenes tour into the basement to see how innovative that mansion was for it's day! The woman who owned it, Sarah Winchester, loved the number 13, spiderwebs, seyances, and had very expensive taste. There were probably hundreds of Tiffany glass windows, wood floors, hand carved wood trim, fireplaces, multiple kitchens... on and on. Check out the website or google her for more info. It's fascinating! There were some other kooky things to see as well like the gingerbread version of the house made in like 1993 and was featured in BHG magazine. And also the famous Winchester Rifle Museum too. It may sound strange, but this was a place I had wanted to visit for a long time so thanks to the Campbell's for making my wish come true! :)








2 comments:
Hey fun pictures! It's me Kimberly Belnap from the ward..I saw you on Kelly's blog. What a crazy house! And the wedding pictures, what a pretty place!
That’s so cool that you got to go to the Winchester house. I saw it on the travel channel once and Todd and I really want to go some day! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your trip!
Post a Comment