Thursday, June 12, 2008

Folsom

One last part of California- we stayed in Folsom where Abe's aunt Robin, uncle Corey and cousins live. Folsom is a quaint little town with restored old buildings and fabulous little shops and restaraunts all within walking distance of Robin & Corey's house. (It reminds me a lot of Jackson) Their house is kind of in a historic district, like the homes in the Crow's addition in I.F. So they are older - but older to me = beautiful and charming :) I like these houses because of their history and the fact that antique pieces look SO good in them. Even in the garden. I loved this tea cup planter in Robin's garden. She had a few of them, and beautiful fruit trees and flowers. I grabbed a few quick shots. And of course one of the fam.
Folsom is famous for it's prison (as mentioned by Johnny Cash.) So we made our last stop at the prison on the way OUT of town. It is fully operating too. We went to the museum and saw misc prisoner's weapons, "Sam" the model prisoner, and outside- real live 2008 prisoners loading into a van. It was a pretty special experience...we were free to go after buying our souvenir T-shirts!








2 comments:

Kelly said...

That first pic of the peach looks just like a picture off of No Doubt's first album!

That museum sounds cool. I like the prisoner's weapons. They were very creative!

Perkins said...

What a fun trip you are awesome at taking pictures. I really need your help. I got my new camera but I am so confused. HELP! I am glad you had a good time. Do you have any other plans for the summer?