Wednesday, August 4, 2010

savannah, ga


Well it's been forever since I have posted. Mostly because I have been busy and then i have also had nothing exciting to post. It was getting frustrating there for a while when every single person I came into contact with would ask, "So what are you going to do now? Where are you moving?" I will apologize now to those I may have been rude to in my responses. BUT- finally Abe got a call from Dome Technologies and within a week he was off to Savannah, GA for work. He has been gone a week and a half now.
The new questions are, "Why aren't you out there? How long will he be there?" Company policy is that you have to finish a job before they will let your family live with you. So I am not allowed to live with Abe yet. Kind of a probation thing. This job he is on now is supposed to be done in November. Once they finish this job, he gets 2 weeks off to come home and then it's on to the next job for another 3-6 month period. The next job I should be able to move around with him. This company is very family oriented and is perfect for this stage in our life. We wanted to move around and see things, we just wanted work, we want to be together. This company will tell us where to move (so we don't have to decide), pay for us to get there, pay for our housing while we are there and most of our money will go into savings! Yay!
This call from Dome Tech seemed kind of out of the blue. But I know it was an answer to a lot of prayers. The Lord has a plan laid out for us and it is just starting to unfold... Our house sold. We will be moving out of Idaho for a while. Not only did Abe get a job, but my brother got one with him so they were able to move out together and are presently the only roommates they have to deal with. And they get along great! The other strange part is that my friend is moving to Jacksonville, FL. This is only 2 hours from Abe. She offered me to drive out with her and her little girls, stay with her and visit Abe when I can. Coincidence? I don't believe so. I will be leaving with her on the 16th. I will probably stay for 2-4 weeks out there. Then get back to Idaho and find something to keep me entertained. I had quit my job the end of June anticipating that we were going to move and find jobs elsewhere. When Abe got this job I was thinking that since Abe had to go without me I should have been working still. But the fact that I quit earlier and was able to relax and see Abe for a month without the stress of PSR- it was part of the plan. It would have been harder to say goodbye if I was still working. I would not be able to do PSR without Abe to build me back up at the end of the day. So in the meantime, I have been living with family, enjoying some free time and becoming Skype-savvy. Roxy doesn't seem to care about us much now that there are 5-8 other people and 2 other dogs she can go play with. Guess that makes it easier to leave her here when we do start moving around!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you are a stronger person than I am, Im not sure I could do that. Thank goodness for Skype. Hang in there. Time will fly.

Sara B. Larson said...

It is very hard to be separated from you hubby, I feel for you! (And the longest I've had to deal with was a week) I hope you guys enjoy this new stage in your life. Sounds like a fun adventure!

Shannon Dooley said...

My hubby will be gone all of September for training for work. I keep thinking how horrible it will be being seperated that long. I can only imagine what you are going thru! I love your positive attitude though. You're amazing! I am excited for you to start this new chapter in your life. Congrats! Glad to FINALLY ;) have an update on you Campbells. Keep us posted when you head out that way. I would love to see pix! Best wishes!