Monday, October 5, 2009

a great day

Last week I had my first interview since graduating college. It went really well because Friday I found out that I had a job!! Even though I had no experience, they said they were impressed with me and that I can start part time and build into it as I feel comfortable. I was SOOOO excited! It was such a blessing too because in an economy like this- I was expecting it to take longer than 2 weeks, more than one resume and more than one interview. But things really worked out great! And on top of the excitement from that- we went up to Is. Park for the weekend and for my first time out on Henry's Lake I caught the biggest fish of my life (so far)!! Although I have no idea what it weighed, or how long it was- but I do know it was a cutthroat hybrid and it was heavy and tasted delicious :) A job and a huge fish- I love days like last Friday!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Contrats with the job and the fish! you look like a pro holding the fish!

Sara said...

Wow, I didn't know you were a fisher! So I still haven't heard what/where this job is?? Congrats again though, that's very exciting!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty dang big fish! Congrats on the new job too! That is exciting! :) We should take a girls night and go celebrate!

Shannon said...

Way to go!!!

Carmen said...

Congratulations on both! Keep us posted on the job. Maybe a lunch date would be order to catch up.

Stacy J said...

Who knew you were soooo talented! Way to go! Congrats on the job!!!!